Job Summary: Reports to the Plant General Manager and Senior VP of Manufacturing. Responsible for all phases of plant management: production, engineering, sanitation, and shipping, in a medium-sized, 140 persons bread and roll bakery manufacturing plant. Manages all activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Desired Leadership Traits:
- Charismatic; shows floor presence.
- Able to corral manager team onto the same plan of action.
- Knowledgeable enough to identify the best action plan.
- (5) Five or more years’ experience in management within a high-speed sliced bread or bun manufacturing environment.
- Sliced Bread or Buns experience required; experience working with ovens.
- Experience with large-scale bakery equipment.
- Understanding of function between ingredients, time, and temperature in the baking process.
- Proven success of building teams.
- Union management experience
Other Desired Traits:
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing background.
- AIB training
- BRC / SQF knowledge
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.