11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
AS the top member of on-site management this position is responsible for the oversight of plant operations, regulatory compliance, safe operation, production efficiency, cost effectiveness, budget management, production scheduling, and control of assets.
- Direct and oversee activities within the production facility to ensure that all regulations associated with EPA, OSHA, and other regulating bodies are met or exceeded
- Direct and oversee plant operations to ensure safe work practices and improve safety performance
- Direct and oversee plant operations to ensure environmental performance that exceed compliance requirements. Works with employees to continuously minimize waste.
- Direct and oversee activities within the production facility to ensure that production is done following proper procedures and to high quality standards.
- Direct and oversee production scheduling activities to ensure timely supply of material to business
- Works with plant manager to keep performance within budgeted performance parameters.
- Direct and oversee the execution of capital projects. Keeps performance within budgeted performance parameters while also ensuring safe and productive operations.
- Works with maintenance to keep performance within budgeted performance parameters while also ensuring safe, productive, and efficient operations.
- Direct and oversee production and inventory consumption and ensure that proper inventory practices are followed and that the company’s assets are managed
- Direct and oversee logistics activities to ensure that procedures are followed for efficient movement of product in and out of the plant
- Ensures proper use of ERP system for planning and control purposes
- Direct and oversee personnel practices to ensure that procedures are followed and that union issues are managed. Provides discipline and uses management authority as allowed under the contract.
- Keeps abreast of the manufacturing technology trends, investigates, installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company at competitive edge at all times
- Direct and oversee maintenance of written emergency preparedness plan for plant facilities that incorporates OSHA and EPA requirements, and national and local fire protection codes and corporate security requirements.
- Makes regular daily inspection tour of plant facility to assure that safety & security program effectiveness.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, MBA is a plus.
- Ten or more years experience in manufacturing industry (chemicals processing industry, a plus)
- Strong history and training in people management
- Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability and desire to work in and oversee a drug free workplace
- Knowledgeable on formulation and packaging processes for hazmat materials
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to do financial analysis and manage budgets
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated & self directed and lead similarly minded individuals