Degree Required:University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4 Year Degree - Engineering or Business
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
We are recruiting for a startup in nonwovens and need a proactive Plant Manager who can help us get the plant up and running. We need blown polypropylene film background for this operation that will make N-95 masks.
Our client is in the nonwovens industry, and they need a proactive Plant Manager who is responsible for directing and coordinating the day to day operations of the plant.
The Plant Manager will drive the startup of this plant and drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs while meeting customer quality requirements.
The Plant Manager is also responsible for upholding a safe, environmentally conscientious, and issue free work environment that meets quality standards and minimizes waste.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the operation, maximizing growth and profitability
- Direct hiring and development of hourly and salaried team members for an engaged work force
- Manage, monitor systems and activities, ensure compliance with corporate policy and procedure.
- Meet or exceed customer requirements with respect to quality, delivery, and responsiveness.
- Ensure On-Time Delivery, Productivity and Cost targets are met while minimizing waste.
- Work with Material Management, Purchasing, Customer Service, HR, Finance and R&D ensure maximum efficiencies in plant.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place that track and optimize productivity, standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure highest effective return on assets
- Champion the Plant’s Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills and ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Manage policy deployment of Lean techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls, and plant performance
- Analyze and plan production schedules, processes, documentation, tools etc.
- Prepare and execute production planning to achieve customer needs.
- Perform and/or direct equipment/process troubleshooting and maintenance needs within facility.
Requirements for Plant Manager
- BS degree: Engineering, Operations Management, Technology or Business
- 10 + years leadership in nonwovens blown polypropylene film or spun bond, startup experience ideal
- Knowledge of business and management principles budgeting, planning, resource allocation
- Knowledge of Quality and Productivity Improvement Processes
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; focus on driving disciplined, fact-based decisions
- Inspirational, adaptive leadership style, promote innovation and collaboration with the workforce
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, presenting information to diverse audiences