NO RELOCATION - LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Growing metal fabrication/industrial manufacturer is looking for a plant manager to add to their leadership team. The Plant Manager has overall responsibility for the operations/production facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Translate and deploy corporate vision, strategy, and performance targets throughout the Operations Division.
· Manage the Operations Division of the Company in a manner consistent with strategic goals and performance targets.
· Full responsibility of "on-time"' "on-budget", "quality" products and program performance.
· Monitor operational progress against targets and implement corrective actions when needed.
· Manage the infrastructure to support the operations (resources, people, and capital).
· Ensure health and safety are properly implemented and adhered to.
· Assist in the attraction, retention, and development of a high-performance workforce.
· Ensure two-way flow of communication between Operations and Business Unit Stakeholders.
· Responsible, together with PLMs, for controlling inventorybudget, including interpretation of sales forecasts and history, in accordance with company goals and objectives.
· Manage the production process, creation of the production schedule.
· Provide cost estimates for production opportunities.
· Provide Management with recommendations regarding selection and maintenance of equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Essential Education, Skills and Requirements:
· BS/BA in operations or engineering (Masters preferred)
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite (w/ focus on MS Project) and ERP Systems
· Knowledge of ASTM & AWS standards
· 10+ years of operations management experience within a metal fabrication environment
· Strong background in program management
· Clear, concise and effective communicator.
· Ability to work with global teams.
· Experience working with all levels of management
· Highly self-directed and results driven
· Excellent communication skills required. Has the ability to influence, build commitment and engage employees in continuous improvement and change initiatives. Must be an effective leader with flexibility and willingness to change ideas in the face of new information. Lead and motivate teams, leverage skills and provides support to ensure effective execution.