- Provide direct leadership, mentoring, and coaching and supervise the leadership team and all salaried staff in the plant.
- Responsible for the development, performance feedback, direction and leadership of all colleagues in the plant including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer problems / issues.
- Directs, drives, establishes and implements new programs and plant productivity improvements to achieve plant productivity goals and customer cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for plant manning levels and assures compliance and improvements to the budget.
- Provide plant input into quoting and business development activities (ex. pricing, program management, plant capacity, etc.)
- Responsible for leading the plant safety committee.
- Assign clear responsibilities for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and hold all direct reports accountable for enforcement
- Responsible for interactions with outside groups including local, state and national government officials.
- Responsible for customer and supplier interface.
- Represent the company during customer visits / surveys and during meetings / presentations at customers location.
- Provide key input into the development of North America's strategic business plan.
- Develop and drive the plant's strategic business plan along with identifying key measurable to support the plant business goals.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the plant.
- Direct the utilization of the company performance metric format to effectively track, monitor, and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Responsible for the safety, quality, productivity and delivery of all plant operations and colleagues.
- Ensure accountability and discipline within the plant.
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication of North America and plant goals.
- Drive implementation of a progressive production system and required operating procedures and work instructions to improve plant performance metrics and meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field, prefer manufacturing, engineering or quality, with a Master's preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience as a Plant Manager, Operations Manager or Department Manager in a manufacturing environment with experience in a metals environment preferred, or a combination of degree and experience.
- Possess knowledge of plant department functions and corresponding roles and interactions to facilitate overall plant synergy.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive operating techniques into applications and results.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving methods.
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in quality and environmental measurables such as TS 16949 and ISO14001.
- Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical calculations.