Primary Job Function:
The Plant Manager is responsible for providing high quality leadership and direction for Plant 2 by leading the overall manufacturing operations, developing and executing plans to safely meet production/delivery schedules and budgeted cost/efficiency expectations through resource planning and provision. This role is directly responsible for managing the financial expectations of the business and meeting KPIs.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Creates and sustains a safety culture.
- Successfully supervise and train staff in disciplines that will improve performance; provide employees with information, leadership and development, succession planning, coaching and training opportunities.
- Drives continuous safety, environmental and quality improvements and culture based on current best practices and lean manufacturing methods.
- Develops and sets the vision for the facility and assists in the execution.
- Coordinates plant activities with cross-functional teams including Safety, Sales, Quality, HR and other inter-company support departments to ensure that total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely, safe and cost effective manner.
- Implement both short term and long term plans for capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Lead performance management efforts that includes identification and communication of critical initiatives with staff and subordinates.
- Ensures compliance with all objectives, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors of Science in related field or equivalent
- At least 5 years direct supervisory experience in an automotive manufacturing environment (metals machining, fabrication, powder metallurgy)
- Proficient use of standard MS Office applications.
- Working knowledge of ISO/IATF16949 quality management systems that are applicable to the respective work areas
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desired
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing processes and to drive a Lean/CI culture.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and allocate resources with a proven track record of developing, implementing and utilizing process, procedures and standardization of work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage daily/weekly production tasks such as issues relating to maintenance, staffing, scheduling, and shop floor safety.
- Progressive career growth in terms of number of direct report subordinates.
- Strong business acumen including leveraging the team’s problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results while managing multiple priorities in a rapidly growing business.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, team-building and project management skills.
- Must be results-oriented, self-directed and capable of managing change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have a strong customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to make rapid decisions.