Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by overseeing the development and implementation of sound plant maintenance programs that meet plant and company standards and regulatory requirements. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Plans and manages business unit/department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Anticipates, recognizes and assesses situations quickly and organizes resources to take appropriate action.
- Collaborates with engineers, suppliers, contracts and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Controls operating costs within budget expectations.
- Develops and maintains plant preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
- Leads efforts to upgrade facility for efficiency, safety and reliability.
- Leads projects involving installation, modification or renovation of equipment.
- Manages repairs and supplies, purchases and budgets.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
- Developing and leading plant-specific quality, customer service and cost optimization programs (3 years)
- Consumer products or food company and plant experience, either technical or production
- Managing and developing others
- Managing budgets
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to solve complex problems and follow through to solution
- Ability to provide leadership, with the ability to coach and mentor team partners
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards