Responsible for managing a group of Maintenance Supervisors in support of building and equipment maintenance and repair. Determines strategies to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flow and production lines running at maximum efficiency. Responsible for the development and implementation of maintenance systems associated with High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Preventative and Predictive Maintenance, etc.).
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Maintenance Systems Management
- Responsible for the management of maintenance systems associated with high performing manufacturing organizations (Root Cause Analysis, Reliability-Centered Maintenance, etc.) while focusing on maximum plant capacity, while minimizing cost.
- Assigns proper scheduling of work to maximize task completion with minimal plant disruption, reduction in unscheduled downtime while lowering costs and creating higher plant efficiency.
Maintenance Staff and Safety
- Manages the maintenance staff through delegation, policy and procedure administration, assignment of work responsibilities, planning, organizing, directing and follow-up of the work assignment.
- Promotes plant safety performance through administration, enforcement of company and plant policy and procedure and training consistent with the objectives of Smithfield and in compliance with Federal and State agencies.
- Accountable for providing short and medium term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Ensures the smooth daily operation of the plant with minimal repetitive issues.
Preventive and Predictive Maintenance
- Assists the Supervisors in developing and managing an effective Preventive and Predictive Maintenance program using SAP PM Module.
- Extracts and analyzes program data to ensure a constant state of continuous improvement.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintains compliance with Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.).
- In the absence of key personnel, the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possesses advanced technical skills in the mechanical / electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, etc.) and is able to lead resource planning efforts in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of maintenance management systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, etc.
Possesses leadership skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. SAPexperience, preferred.
Strong interpersonal and technical skills required; presentation skills preferred.
May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.