Job Description Summary
To organize and direct the maintenance department to maximize machine uptime to support manufacturing schedules and to keep within the departmental budget.Job Description
- Determine schedules and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel to support production needs.
- Monitor the inventories and order spare parts as needed within budget guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of the maintenance areas for safety, and overall housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Compile operational and personnel records, such as time records, inventory data, and repair and maintenance statistics.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Establish and oversee preventative maintenance schedules for the plant and equipment.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Manage the departmental manpower and costs within budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience as maintenance supervisor, plant engineer or similar technical manufacturing leadership roles.
- Experience with maintaining CNC machining equipment and automated assembly equipment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Plexus or related maintenance planning software.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities and make quick decisions in order to prevent/minimize equipment downtime.
- This position works in conditions with frequent exposure to noise and operating machinery.