Plant Maintenance Engineering Manager
Mason City, IA
Our Mason City, IA manufacturing client is looking to hire a Plant Maintenance Engineering Manager. This Manager will report to the Plant Manager and is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the activities of the maintenance team to meet business objectives including safety, productivity, OEE, energy use and other related KPI’s. Works closely with Production, EHS, and Process Engineering managers to ensure maintenance team provides excellent support for these primary internal customers. Provides leadership for continuous improvement of the facility and all manufacturing and process support equipment, machines and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team – ensuring that their efforts are focused on the right activities and that the required outcomes are met. Instill a pro-active, continuous improvement, team-work and customer focused culture within the maintenance and change over functions.
- Establish department policies and procedures, and ensure control systems are implemented and followed. Oversee department performance in these areas to ensure service, quality and interface requirements are consistently met.
- Develop, implement and manage a strong preventive maintenance program to improve equipment reliability and increase employee engagement.
- Work closely with EHS manager to provide support in building a safety culture, especially within the maintenance team. Ensure all safety requirements are fully met on a daily basis.
- Lead the development and execution of capital projects, working closely with the Plant Manager and other managers to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in energy conservation and machine availability/OEE.
- Develop and manage the annual Maintenance and Repair budget for the facility. Identify opportunities to reduce direct and indirect costs.
- Hire staff, train, write performance appraisals and administer corrective action when appropriate. Maintain internal controls within department.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study.
- Minimum 7-10 years related experience (3-5 years in maintenance management role) in a manufacturing environment. Ideal candidate will have experience in tire or rubber manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results in reliability/OEE through implementation of a preventive/predictive maintenance program. Must be able to use continuous improvement techniques (5S, Lean, TPM, etc.) to drive results.
- This role requires strong leadership, supervisory, teamwork, problem solving, planning and administrative skills.
- Solid knowledge of electrical, industrial controls, mechanical, hydraulic, compressed air, boiler systems, building maintenance and basic OSHA safety regulations is required. Experience with Siemens PLC’s is highly desirable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure leadership presence across 3 shifts, including some weekend coverage.
- Experience in ISO 9001 is a must. Experience with ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 / OHSAS 18001 will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications, inter-personal skills and an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.