This position is with a Tier 1 food manufacturer.
- Capital projects management involving and in support of the following: equipment and plant layout design, energy conservation development, general upkeep and improvement of plant facility, electrical and mechanical service, and efficient maintenance of physical plant, utilities, and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulation and company policies and procedures.
- Working with cross-functional groups of employees and contractors in the successful management and execution of key projects.
- Budgetary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Meets all Safety, Health, Quality and Environmental requirements when performing job duties.
Work safely at all times. Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and coordination of the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities
- Leads and manages assigned capital projects to include new equipment installations, plant layout and design, manufacturing automation projects, and maintenance related projects. Develops scope of work and evaluates bids for work completion
- Participates in the coordination of the operation of steam generating, electrical power service, compressed gases, water, sewer, HVAC, process liquids, plant-wide lighting, buildings, grounds, and fire protection systems to provide uninterrupted service
- Monitors outside contractors to assure compliance with all company standards including sanitation, safety, quality, productivity and budgeting
- Directs the installation of new equipment and/or modification/rearrangement of existing equipment for assigned projects
- Working knowledge of the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer and solid waste
- Inspects and advises on all areas of the plant for equipment design, evaluation and troubleshooting
- Researches energy utilization to continually reduce energy costs
- Responsible for the cost schedule and performance of assigned projects
- Understand and complies with all property accounting policies and procedures
Education: BS degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution.