Hibbing Taconite is a leading iron ore mining company which began production in 1976 and has an annual plant capacity of 8.0 million tons of iron ore. ArcelorMittal, US Steel andCleveland-Cliffs are partners in Hibbing Taconite, with ArcelorMittal owning a majority stake.
Cliffs Mining Company is the current manager of Hibbing Taconite joint venture. In August 2019, ArcelorMittal USA will assume the role of manager and at that time Hibbing Taconite employees will join the ArcelorMittal USA Team under ArcelorMittal Hibbing Management LLC.
Summary of Principal Functions:
This position at Hibbing has the overall accountability for the management and success of the IT Service at Hibbing. Specific functions fall under the categories of IT Strategy, RiskManagement, Business Alignment, Planning and Project Management, Governance / Change Management, Budget Management, and Staff Development. Accountable for workingwith the Hibbing business management team to understand needs and to identify opportunities where IT can bring value. Be the liaison between IT and the business. This can be achieved by interacting with the business, understanding their problems, evaluating alternatives, recommending solutions and building relationships. Requires excellent communication and team building skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expected to develop and communicate local IT Strategy to the business.
- Understand and communicate the overall IT strategy, direction, policies, and procedures to the business to ensure consistency across the US operations.
- Identify and pursue ongoing internal IT improvements aligned with the overall strategy.
- Perform annual Risk Assessment of Plant Business Level systems
- Develop multi-year plan to address system risks
- Work with plant management to communicate, and gain support for, both Application and Infrastructure Risk Plans
- Ensure completion of annual risk projects.
- Understand the business, the mining process, key people and business goals.
- Align with the business and establish strong customer working relationships.
- Ensure appropriate staff support for area: sufficient coverage, backup coverage, disaster recovery, etc.
- Ensure timely and effective feedback for customer issues and requests.
Planning and Project Management
- Work with the business to plan work based on business priorities.
- Manage plans and ensure timely completion of work requests or projects.
- Provide coordination of initiatives which extend beyond local plant (i.e. – corporate initiatives, multi-plant initiatives)
- Ensure Sox and ITGC processes are followed by the team.
- Support internal and external Audit processes.
- Manage IT budget for site.
- Work with business and IT to establish appropriate budget each year.
- Monitor and maintain spend within approved budget.
- Develop productive, efficient, innovative, IT staff, and ensure appropriate training and assignments.
- Ensure local IT staff follow both local and AMUSA HR, Safety, and Security processes.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education Requirement:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Information Systems
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 2-3 years of experience in SQL, SSRS/BI, Business Objects, VB Script
- 2-3 years exposure to Network and Server architectures and implementations resulting in strong awareness and understanding of related concepts.
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management
- 3-5 years of experience in a Supervisory role.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication, organization, and teamwork skills.
- 3+ years of experience with plant Process Automation systems and applications, including OSIsoft PI.
- 3+ years of experience interfacing with vendors related to establishing hardware and software service agreements.
- 3+ years of experience with existing Hibbing IT environment.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, SSRS/BI, Business Objects, VB Script.
- 3+ years of experience in Network and Server architectures and implementations.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management.
- 5+ years of experience in a Supervisory role.
- Willingness to work in an industrial setting which may require field time.
- Willingness to be a hands-on supervisor; assisting the IT team in closing tickets and managing projects.