- Typically supports a group of 200+
- Provide functional/operational human resources guidance through planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the Human Resources Department in support of the assigned client group.
- Serve as functional resource for employee base, ensuring their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations.
- Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of client group in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvement.
- Plan, organize, and manage all activities of the HR Dept.
- Participate in the development and implementation of client group's goals, objectives and systems.
- Manage recruitment effort for all exempt, non-exempt, and hourly employees; monitor recruitment program; employee relations counseling; performance planning.
- Manage/maintain records related to same.
- Manage and maintain department records and reports.
- Actively participate in client group and HR projects and meetings.
- Typically manages 1-2 direct reports.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- BA/BS degree preferred in Human Resources or related area.
- 5+ years experience as HR Generalist.
- Industry/manufacturing knowledge.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within org.
- Proficient in MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- SAP experience highly desirable.
- Bilingual preferred
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P"