The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a(n) Human Resources Manager, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Provide guidance and counsel to management and employees on company guidelines, employee relations issues, compliance issues, performance management, workforce hiring, and training and development needs.
- Support site management with general HR programs including training, employment law compliance, recruiting, new hire orientation, employee relations, and performance management.
- Assist leadership teams in improving organizational effectiveness by analyzing department structures and evaluating options; assessing employee climate, morale and effectiveness and developing action steps for improvement
- Demonstrate strong partnership with other HR functions such as Employee Assistance, Total Compensation Resources (Payroll, Benefits, Mobility, etc.), Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition, etc to deliver seamless HR support to all employees within the organization.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of Human Resources experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master's degree in human resources field or MBA from an accredited university
- SPHR or PHR certification and/or other progressive continuing education in an HR field is valued
- Experience in manufacturing HR practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3M’s global strategy, business areas, structure and organization, as well as of the external market
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering strong results, possess strong business acumen and be able to work in a challenging environment