PLANT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER SUMMARY:
The Plant Human Resources Manager develops and delivers integrated and inclusive HR services including, organization design, talent management, employee effectiveness, diversity, change management and positive employee relations.
PLANT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acclimate employees to plant policies, procedures, regulations, safety rules and benefits.
- Ensure that the employees fully understand the conditions and benefits of their employment.
- Maintain accurate records for employees including inactive employees; records that are in compliance with federal, state and local laws, appropriate affirmative action reports, and all other requiredreports.
- Develop and write policies and procedures affecting both hourly production and salaried staff.
- Make arrangements for all prospective employees to obtain pre-employment drug screens and to perform valid testing before employment offers are extended.
- Responsible for new employee orientation.
- Monitor employee personnel transactions such as layoffs, recalls, and permanent transfers, to ensure that all the transactions are in accordance with company and plant policies and procedures.
- Administer daily the benefits program, including employee inquiries, problem resolution, and data compilation.
- Coordinate with other managers and supervisors to ensure the effective implementation of the Human Resources Department's policies.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Proficient in communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Must be task oriented, possess exceptional people skills and be reliable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees).
- Must have Union/UAW experience.