Manage the HR function for the Cordova, IL location and perform the role of an HRGeneralist in support of the facility's business goals. Sponsor, develop and manage programs and policies to insure positive employee/management relations that are integrated into the plant strategic and operational objectives. Manage the Human Resources operation and provide overall direction and guidance to assigned staff including direct supervision, leadership, coaching, training and development.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- This position requires a solid foundation in the fundamentals of Human Resource functions including employee relations, affirmative action, recruiting and employment, wage & salary administration, benefit administration, disability management and job evaluationprocesses.
- Must be able to build rapport with all levels of the organization and establish trust and credibility with the plant population.
- Must be able to exercise influence and guidance to plant leadership team, direct reports as well as to employees throughout the organization. This position also requires skills in problem solving, performance management, forecasting, short and long range planning as well as conflict resolution.
- Human Capital Planning (HCP): Partner with the division and functional leaders and HR business partners in the development and implementation of key HCP initiatives at the division and business group level, including succession management and talent career mapping/advancement.
- Performance Management: Lead the facilitation of high-level management team reviews (MTRs). Counsel and coach plant operating committee members in performance management processes.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Master’s degree in a human resources field or MBA from an accredited university
- SPHR or PHR certification and/or other progressive continuing education in an HR field is valued
- Experience in manufacturing HR practices
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering strong results, possess strong business acumen and be able to work in a challenging environment.