A key member of the Owens Corning HR talent pipeline, the successful candidate will demonstrate solid plant manufacturing experience along with the capacity to operate with a regional focus. The Jackson HR Leader position is intended to prepare the incumbent for promotional or expanded HR leadership roles in the Company.
The Jackson HR Leader has overall accountability for leading all areas of HR. The successful candidate will act as a member of the Site Leadership team and a business partner to the Plant Leader. The Jackson Plant is currently in the mature stages of Total Productive Maintenance transformation and the HR Leader is responsible for leading the development of the Human Capital Strategy to support TPM sustainability. Talent assessment, change acceleration, employee relations & engagement with all levels of the workforce while acting as a positive connected leader are all skills required of the position.
Additionally, the HR Leader collaborates closely with other Salary functional leaders across the OC CSB – GRS business. This position helps to evaluate and execute human capital strategies, standards and practices to achieve best-in-class performance in Strategy, Safety, Growth, Talent, Quality and TPM (see Job Requirements below)
The HR Leader will lead team members to support their many opportunities to broaden desired skills. Leadership Team members are also expected to accept responsibility and be accountable for contributing to the successful operation of the plant and people. We expect pride in workmanship and team involvement in ensuring a safe environment, eliminating waste, and working together to solve problems, improve operations, and make decisions.
LEADS THE PLANT THROUGH THE PILLARS OF TPM:
1. SHE (Safety, Health and Environment)
- Provides a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors in conjunction with the OC Safety vision
- Ensures a clear and effective measurement system is followed and used to drive results; rewards and celebrates safe behavior and achievements; ensures accountability
- Leads proactive safe behavior and participation of operators in site Safety programs: Hazard ID, Behavioral Based Safety Observations, Safety yellow tag process and risk identification
- Leads necessary Safety training associated with OSHA, DHEC, OC and other governmental agencies and/or regulations
2. T/D (Training & Development) & OM (Office Management)
- Acts as the business partner and coach to the plant leader to ensure optimal organizational design to deliver operational strategy
- Monitors area activities & leaders as appropriate to ensure compliance with all policies and employee handbook
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, operations) on training, performance management and talent development
- Facilitates and coordinates area and individual training geared at committee or team functional alignment. Ensures operator certification and credentials for job tasks in the area. Performs gap analysis and training needs analysis as needed
- Influences & supports area skills matrix development including baseline credentials and current operator capability in area
- Act as a coach for area leaders and team based functions within the Operation. Devises and implements continuous learning program for area leaders.
- Performs administrative functions for area personnel including: Kronos (payroll) auditing, Labor analytics, Employee Central (HRIS) entry, Variable Incentive Pay metric generation, maintains employee records and facilitates employee questions, concerns and/or dispute resolution
3. FI/QM (Focused Improvement & Quality Maintenance)
- Owns business partner relationship with Plant Leader, site Leadership team, and local employee base fostering positive employee relations and union free environment
- Owns and drives site communication strategy & execution
- Aligns HR key process (labor utilization) indicators to critical operational KPIs
- Champion of employee engagement including annual engagement system. Leads annual site survey, data collection, communication, and resulting actions
- Drive and consult with Finance and Operations Human Capital Strategy, Primary staffing levels to match Operational strategy and need
- Leads Reward and Recognition and Employee Wellness
4. AM/PM (Autonomous Maintenance/Planned Maintenance)
- Support AM/PM activities through necessary TPM Training and Development pillar commitments
- Actively train site in TPM overview and individual pillar modules
- Ensures all site personnel are trained in TPM tools (AM, PM, FI) such as A3, Ishikawa, CILT provisional checks, PM criticality matrix
5. EM (Early Management)
- Leverage partnership with other functional leaders to maximize performance of the site, lead change, and grow primary talent
- Utilize data analytics around retention, retirements, and other regrettable leaves to predict staffing needs within Primary and Salary workforces
- Influence other functional segments to a proactive culture and work environment with regards to Safety, Quality employee engagement, problem solving and production
- Share best practices, challenge thinking and provide candid and respectful feedback to Operators, peers and leaders
- Partner with other OC Composites sites regionally (Starr SC, Amarillo TX, Guelph, ON etc…) to share best practices and elevate the performance of the business as a whole
- Bachelor’s Degree, Human Resource Management, Business, Psychology/Sociology or related field.
- Masters degreepreferred
- Minimum 5-10 years HR generalist experience in a large manufacturing environment
- Experience leading direct teams
- Previous experience with union avoidance
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Kronos, SAP necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strategy: Ability to create, implement and communicate tactics for execution, enabling strategy attainment
- Safety: Engages and cares for others, promoting safety as a condition of employment
- Growth: Encompasses skills necessary of growth capability: ideation, evaluation, & action
- Talent Attraction & Development: Relentless talent assessment skills, demonstrable recruitment, coaching & employee engagement skills, idea generation & collaboration ability with various organization levels in hierarchy. Strong ability to coach & train but also hold team members accountable to standard and performance manage deviations as required.
- Self Development: Desire to continuously learn, ability to tie area tasks to site strategy and aspiration to follow career progression through HRGeneralist of Specialist career path.
- TPM: Awareness of TPM system. Awareness of TPM tools: A3, Ishikawa, PM Analysis, Infinity Loop, 5W + 2H, etc…
- OC Values: Self-awareness and connection to: Innovation, Sharing, Fun, Respect, Candor, Accountability