The Human Resources Manager will provide direction and leadership in all functional areas of Human Resources including staffing, training and development, employee relations, labor relations, compliance, benefits, compensation, and performance management for our Crane, TX plant.
Relocation is available for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- The HR Manager will provide interpretive advice on company policies and government policies while monitoring and maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, department budgets, and company policies and procedures. This position will also be required to advise managers on human resources policies and procedures as needed.
- Support, advise, and counsel on leadership development and strategic workforce planning initiatives
- Consult with management on employee performance, employee conduct, and general employee and labor relations issues to ensure that the Company’s expectations are being met, while maintaining open communication between employees and management
- Provide guidance relative to the progressive discipline process and escalate as appropriate up to and including the coordination of involuntary employee separation; ensure that a balanced but consistent approach is taken in the application of discipline
- Provide recruiting and staffing support in the plant, including managing all aspects of job fairs when appropriate
- Perform various projects and other Human Resources employee-related activities, as required
- Maintain knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, laws and regulations, industry trends and developments to ensure accurate information is being communicated throughout the company
- Act as a single point of contact to advise and counsel all levels of management on day-to-day Human Resources issues
- Participate and represent the corporation in civic, industry, and professional organization.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree is required, advanced degree or certifications preferred
- Minimum five (5) years general Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment to include management experience.
- Experience supporting business and staff functions such as operations, maintenance, production
- Must be capable of bringing groups of people with widely convergent views to consensus
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with limited direct supervision
- Must be capable of dealing with outside organizations including NLRB, EEOC, etc.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of principles/methods in employee/labor relations, basic compensation, staffing/recruiting, safety, and training and development
- Knowledge of the various regulatory requirements that impact HR such as EEO, Affirmative Action, ADA, etc.
- PHR/SPHR certification is a plus