TE Connectivity is searching for a Plant HR Manager to support our Waynesboro, PA location for our Global Application Tooling Division.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Provides coaching, counsel, advice and assistance to supervisors and managers in the areas of employee relations, performance management, discipline, and career development
- Evaluates and resolves employee relations issues. Drives consistent treatment of employees.
- Ensures effective communication to employees of company and business unit objectives.
- Identifies training needs and utilizes company resources to design and deliver appropriate training courses
- Helps evaluate and ensure training effectiveness. May provide training as necessary.
- Coordinates and conducts new employee on-boarding.
- Oversees applicant and employee records and ensures corporate and government compliance.
- Keeps abreast of employment/labor laws, regulations, and implements local/corporate company policies/procedures.
- Administers compensation programs based on corporate guidelines and may review salary surveys and analyze compensation data.
- Champions performance management practices
- Interpret, communicate, and design action plans around the employee engagement survey results
- Develop plant manpower needs (headcount & budget) for management team's approval; coach recruiting team and monitor recruiting status to meet business requirements and ensure a smooth and efficient recruitment process; effectively leverage different hiring channels
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degreerequired, PHR or SPHR Certification preferred, Master's degree in process or complete -- a plus.
- 8-10 years of Human Resources experience
- Effective oral and written communicator, with strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)
- Thorough knowledge of employment law and HR practices
- Must have analytical skills and creative problem solving ability
- Demonstrated managerial courage
- Self-confident and able to act as role model of company values
- Must be able to flex working hours to cover all five shifts (3rd, 1st, 2nd and two smaller weekend shifts) in a given week
- SAP HRIS Experience
- HR experience in a multi-shift manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in Employee Relations