Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Plant HR Manager--Fort Worth in their Fort Worth, Texas manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Manager provides leadership and strategic support for Danone's manufacturing plant located in Fort Worth, TX, partnering closely with plant leaders and HR colleagues to ensure the continued building of a high-performance work system within the facility. Responsibilities will include managing a range of activities related to employee relations, staffing and hourly recruitment functions, and facilitating HR programs, practices, and guidelines that foster a proactive work culture inside a fast-paced manufacturing plant facility. This individual will serve as the point-of-contact for associates and managers, delivering value added service that reflects our business objectives and support our mission and values.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive support and coaching to Leaders in all human resources matters with an emphasis on mitigating risk for the company while ensuring employee's rights under applicable law; Manage complex employee relations matters including ethics complaints, EEOC charges and disputes
- Develop and execute annual and long terms strategic plan for the HR function in alignment with the overall plant strategy
- Administer effective recruiting and staffing practices by supporting and leading efforts for the recruitment of hourly and salaried non-exempt level positions. Coordinate position planning, identifying sources of applicants, interviewing, coaching managers on candidate interviewing and selection, analyzing job requirements and making salary recommendations. Maintain accurate staffing reports and metrics. Creatively address rapidly changing staffing needs, including retention strategies, while honoring the terms of the collective bargaining agreement and proactively assessing and providing guidance regarding the optimization of the organizational structure.
- Support new employees throughout the onboarding process: coordinate and conduct new employee orientation.
- Manage employee changes/additions/terminations, and other HR program administration; conduct and analyze exit interviews as needed.
- Coach Managers, create and execute talent initiatives.
- Maintains and enhances a productive work environment by resolving conflicts between management and associates; coaching management on effective management and coaching techniques; and maintaining open communications with associates and management.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations and recommends action plans.
- Assess employee climate, morale and effectiveness and developing action steps for improvement for their assigned management team.
- Provide direction and support on all performance management and improvement systems, including the annual review process and performance improvement plans.
- Be a part of change management initiatives, performance management processes and succession planning.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and Federal employment laws and regulations at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Minimum 8-10 years of HRexperience across several functions (i.e. recruitment, employee relations, compensation, employee and management development, etc.), in roles with increasing responsibility, with at least 5 years HRexperience in an industrial or supply chain environment, required. Prior labor relations experiencerequired.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP certifications preferred.
- Prior experience managing direct reports.
- Experience managing complex employee relations situations
- History of effectively coaching across levels and functions, including individuals in more senior roles than oneself.
- Experience managing multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and executing successfully to completion.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully manage others not under his/her supervision to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a strong attention to detail and organizational skills, combined with a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, individually and in teams.
- Highly collaborative with clients and co-workers with ability to engage with remote and international team members.
- Reliable knowledge of State and Federal employment law.
- The ability to serve as a change agent who can “make it happen” while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect.
- The ability to handle confidential information.
- Possess strong relationship building and coaching/training techniques.
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule: working occasional off-hours and/or weekends as needed to support a 24/7 manufacturing facility.
- Ability to travel periodically
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.?
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.?#LI-NORAM