Facility Health and Safety (H&S) Professional (Pro): Based in the United States and reports to the respective Regional (H&S) Director or Area (H&S) Manager. A Facility (H&S) Pro Provides Safety Leadership and support to their assigned ADM facility or facilities.
- Work closely with Plant Management to achieve safety action plan success. Provide constant and consistent Leadership, Guidance and Mentoring along with training and public presentation as necessary.
- Advise their manager or director and their facility management on the status of all Safety Action Plan actions and areas to apply focus and leadership to achieve success.
- Build management and employee dedication and enthusiasm for safety through effective Leadership and Influence.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs and policies through consistent monitoring and auditing.
- Knowledge and Understanding of a multitude of health and safety regulations and policies with the ability to communicate the requirements effectively and assist the facility with implementation and management.
- Lead, support and encourage the actions that are leading indicators, tracked by a safety management index.
- Provide leadership and accountability for safety reporting requirements in a computer safety management system.
- Act as a Champion and Mentor for colleague safety engagement that comes in many forms including Values Based (behavior) Safety, Near Miss reporting etc.
- Lead or have integral involvement in incident investigations.
- Lead and provide oversight of injured colleague cases.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, waivable with extraordinary experience
- Minimum of five-year’s work experience in a dedicated health and safety position or a degree in Safety.
- Shown leadership skills demonstrated by resume
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public presentation ability
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems
- Proven ability to work effectively and enthusiastically on a team
- Proven ability to recognize hazards, assess risk and recommend controls
- Minimal travel will be required, sometimes reactionary on short notice
- The position requires the ability to work in a variety of environments: office environment and varying indoor and outdoor environments to include extreme heat and cold
The position requires the ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods as well as climb stairs
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.