Job Reference Code # 59838
Industrial Manufacturing Company is looking for:
POSITION: Plant Finance Controller
LOCATION: New Market IN 47965 Area (North West Indianapolis)
SALARY: $100-120K + bonus
DEGREE: Degreed, MBA/CPApreferred but not required
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years Plant Accounting Background
RELOCATION: Relocation Assistance
The Plant Finance Controller –will work directly with finance and operations personnel as a member of functional teams, provide continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities, provide support on decision making for all manufacturing processes and plant operations.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a manufacturing environment, be comfortable spending time on the production floor, will have experience performing cost accounting functions in a manufacturing setting, and will possesses some mechanical aptitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of all accounting ledgers, departmental reports, profit & loss statements, and budget to actual reports for three business units for month, quarter and year-end reporting.
- Assist the corporate planning & cost control group, as needed.
- Perform intra-division accounting functions.
- Manage, implement, and ensures compliance with all accounting and financial policies, practices, procedures, and initiatives at the business unit level.
- Monitor the classification of all expenditures to ensure that all capital, inventory, and manufacturing cost records are accurate.
- Lead and manage all financial planning activities at the business units.
- Conduct special accounting and cost studies of the financial records of the business units, and provide analysis and comments to assist in the interpretation of operating results.
- Perform specific cost planning activities focused on cost reductions and profit improvements.
- Verify that all personnel requisitions are within the approved budget.
- Prepare and provide other financial reporting and analyses, as needed.
- Coordinate and execute month, quarter and year-end closing activities for outside business units.
- Identify and investigate un-reconciled balances, differences in balances of various source and subsidiary ledgers and/or reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (MBA and/or CMA preferred)
- 5 years experience, 2+ in manufacturing, 2+ in cost accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Solid analytical, planning, organizational and time-management and communication skills
- Ability to work well to time constraints
- Ability to work and make decisions autonomously
- Organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills — the ability to professionally and confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority and maintain composure in pressure situations
- Hands on