Our culture of continuous improvement, safety, and world class operations is powered by our people centered management philosophy. This philosophy is built around mutual selection: that while AAF seeks top talent people to join and deliver on our team, we also want each team member to receive job satisfaction, growth & development, and continued happiness in being a long term member of the AAF family. This is fueled by our belief in treating our people, our supply partners, our customers and our environment with the trust and respect we each require, and our passion to give back to our community for our success.
AAF International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
The Supply Chain & Operations Plant Finance Manager acts as a primary point of contact for financial oversite and analysis supporting manufacturing operations and often takes a leadership role in driving change. This includes asset management, performance analysis & optimization, investment analysis, etc., while providing accounting guidance.
Financial Reporting (35%)
- Create monthly reports for Profit & Loss (P&L), capital tracking, Excess & Obsolete (E&O) Inventory and others as needed.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Assist and drive operational performance through financial impact analysis.
- Provide variance analysis and explanation of deviation for budget, forecast, Year over Year, etc.
- Present and communicate report findings to senior leadership.
Cross-Functional Support (20%)
- Conducts Return on Investment (ROI) and cost benefit analyses.
- Serve as Finance interface across multiple departments, acting as financial arm to the operations group.
- Facilitates implementation of new financial policies, procedures and systems when needed.
- Leads or participates in special projects to improve or enhance financial management and operational efficiencies for cross functional teams.
- Provides financial assistance in long term strategic planning.
- Manages cross-functional relationships throughout the company.
Budgeting and Forecasting (20%)
- Manage forecasting process, working with plant managers and corporate personnel to ensure the integrity of consolidated budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinates and consolidates monthly forecasts and annual budgets, including in-depth explanations of results vs. forecast / budget expectations, risks and opportunity. assessments, and mitigation opportunities for manufacturing facilities.
- Identifies and implements ways to improve forecast / budget accuracy and timeliness using automation and new tools.
General Accountancy (15%)
- Month end close entries and associated account reconciliations.
- Provide finance support in annual Asset, Physical Inventory, and Financial Audits.
- Provides accounting and financial guidance to plant management and supervision as needed.
- Manage annual standard cost roll.
Other duties assigned by manager (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university required;
- Advanced degree a plus;
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, including performing functions as a project lead;
- Up to 30% travel;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc., & advanced Excel skills);
- Experience operating within an ERP environment – SAP experience preferred;
- Experience with Hyperion or similar reporting software;
- General knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and Managerial Accounting techniques;
- Excellent quantitative / analytical skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Flexible interpersonal skills, capable of navigating various personalities across multiple organizations and teams;
- Leadership abilities capable of influencing change in an environment where formal authority is not present.