The Plant Finance Administration Manager (FAM) will support the Operations Team at the plant level by providing P&L support, management and financial thought leadership to the facility and Plant leadership team. This position will be responsible for supporting the accounting group with month end financial closing duties, as well as all budgeting, forecasting, and costing activities for the facility. The position will be highly visible and should yield exciting opportunities for growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Management of the Plant P&L, providing insight and analysis of drivers of performance;
* Support month-end close activities;
* Review all month-end, quarter-end close accruals, journal entries, P&L reconciliations;
* Responsible for all Plant auditsupport and compliance reporting;
* Diagnose and report weekly and monthly material yield and loss, volume, labor and expenses;
* Assist the Plant leadership team with development and tracking of KPI's for assessing functional performance and areas of opportunity for further cost reduction;
* Develop data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions enabling productivity measures to reduce overall cost;
* Periodic review of standard operating procedures (SOP's) to ensure accuracy.
* Perform periodic compliance testing to ensure internal/external controls are in place, report and deviations and corrective actions to ensure compliance.
* Ensures compliance with all Corporate policies and procedures.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
* Has supervisory and leadership responsibility involving effective performance management, employee relations, mentoring, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations and employee corrective actions.
* Actively applies Company values and complies with the Company Code of Ethics.
* Provide financial justification and post-audits for Capital expenditures;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or another quantitative/technical discipline is required.
* 5+ year's professional experience, preferably in the food/dairy manufacturing industry, milk accounting a plus.
* Strong attention to detail, superior analytical capability, and excellent verbal and written communications a must.
* Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change.
* Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
* Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership.
* Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs.
* Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on Finance/Accounting.
* Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, with advanced MS Excel skillset.
* Must possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily basis.
* Knowledge of JD Edwards and BPCS ERP systems, SAP a plus.
* Ability to function within a multi-system environment.
* The selected candidate will enjoy a competitive and comprehensive remuneration/benefits package (base to $100K+ DOE, 15% annual bonus). This is truly an exceptional opportunity for an exceptional professional. Relocation assistance is available.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.