PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards. And ensure that work is done safely and efficiently.
- Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
- Provide direction to plant engineering community including Manufacturing Engineering, Launch Management, Maintenance and Tooling Management within the Business Unit structure.
- Coordinates activities for PM and major shutdowns.
- Assumes the primary role in developing departmental systems, procedures and policies.
- Assumes the primary role in selection, training development and supervision of staff.
- Holds weekly team meetings to provide proactive direction and focus.
- Prepares departmental reports as required by the Plant Manager.
- Coordinates and monitors departmental budgets to meet plant objectives.
- Responsible for JOS measurable, scrap, efficiency, new product launch, line layout/capacity and capitol spending.
- Works with the supply base on development/improvement product/process improvements.
- Attends Advance Project Quality Planning and Launch meetings.
- Supports and or leads continuous improvement teams. Conducts audits and perform facility inspections to review practices and drive improvement and establish programs to increase up time.
- Research, develops and implements improvements on the shop floor.
- Assists in Quoting components for new and or existing programs.
- Consults and assists with any tooling maintenance and repair on improvements to new or existing operations.
- Assists with facility planning and equipment purchases, including tooling.
- Supportsother departments and functions as required.
- Develops and implements cost, scrap and labor optimization activities.
- Consults with Business Unit Leaders on any molding, tooling or assembly concerns.
- Responsible for improving plant safety performance and key indicators. Strives to eliminate workplace hazards, reduce ergonomic concerns, and works with department managers to improve the overall safety of the plant. Participate in incident reviews, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Monitors key indicators, develop action plans using statistical process control to confirm plant operations, capability, reliability and quality, and report out on progress during management review.
- Performs all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within JAC Products Inc. *
- Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provides for individual growth.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as; safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions, such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis ? analytically and mathematically.
- Basic computer skills, including P.C. knowledge and current technology software familiarity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Management/Leadership skills.
- Problem Solving Capability - mechanical and numerical reasoning.
- Familiar with structural and engineering resins.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Principles: Toyota Production System.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of material requirement planning and inventory management techniques.
- This position works with minimal supervision, this position also concerns itself with confidential company documents while demanding a high level of attention given to all areas of supervisory responsibility.
PREFERRED EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Note: Possession of a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required for all new hires in all positions.
- BS or MSDegree in IndustrialEngineering/Operations Manufacturing
- Experience in all facets of injection molding
- 5 - 10 years of supervisory/project management experience manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing knowledge of equipment, tooling processes and quality requirements
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to regularly sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds , and occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to repetitive motion, bending, lifting, twisting, crouching, reaching, pushing and/or pulling.
- While performing the job functions of this position, the employee occasionally works near powered motor vehicles, power tools, and automated assembly fixtures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Plastic Injection Molding: 5years
- Facilities Maintenance: 5years
- Tooling processes: 5years
- Plant Engineering: 5years
- Launch Budgets: 5years
- Lean Manufacturing: 5years
- Saline, MI