Plant Engineering Manger -- South Phoenix, AZ area
We are currently searching for a Plant Engineering Manager for a prominent Food/Dairy product manufacturer. Experience in dairy
processing is preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
• a current Manager OR
• a senior Plant Project Engineer ready to move up. You will understudy the current Manager (who has been promoted)
for several months.
Job Description for the Plant Engineering Manager
Plant Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Support process systems to meet PMO, 3A, & FDA standards.
• Manage construction and equipment installation projects: Develop project proposals, project schedules
• Develop requests for quotation for equipment and installations Develop process operations descriptions
• Develop project budget and track costs
• Coordinate Process control and electrical deigns with home office engineering staff
• Manage contractors hired for plant projects
• Provide direction and leadership for direct reports which include Engineering Controls Technician and Manufacturing Systems Engineer.
• Support home office engineering staff by working with operations and contractors on process improvements and capability studies.
• Provide accurate, complete reporting of all sustaining issues and results.
- Advise and assist in Start Up and Troubleshooting of Processes and Equipment.
- Advise and assist in effecting design changes to facilitate installat ion, improve equipment efficiency and/or reduce cost of operation.
- Prepare Conceptual Engineering Designs and Floor Plans for Process and Packaging Equipment
- Equipment layout, interpretation of plans and specifications, communicating and establishing control lines with crafts and sub -cont ract ors. Work to ensure construction/installations progress as scheduled and t hat work meets internal specifications and quality requirements.
- Document Process and Utility Piping - Floor Plan & P&ID (AutoCAD)
- Maintain and Catalog plant project documentation including CAD drawings (Electronic & paper), Equipment Submittals and Drawings, and Equipment Manuals.
- Support operational performance improvements efforts. Identify opportunities to reduce labor and/or energy and improve process and equipment quality and efficiency through sound engineering and design practices.
- Research engineering topics, perform studies and prepare reports. Prepare basic engineering calculations, maintain engineering records, and perform field observations and surveys.
- Provide support/qualification for spare parts and equipment selection
- Familiarity with Ladder Logic Programming using Allen Bradley PLC's is desirable.
- Familiarity with HMI application using Wonderware and Archestra software is beneficial.
- Experience in waste treatment is advantageous.
- Experience of clean in place, sterilization, and pasteurization is preferred.
Qualifications of the Plant Engineering Manager
• Bachelors of Science Degree in mechanicalengineering, chemicalengineering, electricalengineering or food science.
• A minimum of ten years' experience with ten years at the plant level.
• Experience in dairy processing is highly preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of USDA/FDA/3A regulatory requirements and design practices, AIB Standards, OSHA, GMP's, and related regulations.
• Excellent formal and informal communication skills, professional attitude, and professional appearance are necessary.
• Demonstrate ability to adapt to changing processes, responsibilities and work environments.
• Demonstrate responsiveness and personal flexibility including willingness to adjust work hours to match project requirements and willingness to travel.
• Familiarity with Ladder Logic Programming using Allen Bradley PLC's is desirable.
• Familiarity with HMI application using Wonderware and Archestra software is beneficial.
• Experience of clean in place, sterilization, and pasteurization is helpful
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, AutoCAD LT MS Project, One Note).