The Plant Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates plant engineering and maintenance services to cover buildings, grounds, and infrastructure in the industrial plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with all BMS policies, procedures, and practices. Manages the contract maintenance and heavy cleaning contractors. Manages the plant environmental responsibilities.
- Analyzes and plans plant engineering and maintenance work force utilization, confers with Industrial Engineering on space and process work flow requirements, and designs layout of equipment and workspace to maximize utilization and efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to maximize production efficiency.
- Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates equipment according to specifications and quality requirements.
- Confers with management, industrial engineering, quality, technical, safety and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
Directly supervises employees in the Plant Engineering department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Also manages outside contract maintenance and cleaning contractors.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
4-10 years of relevant work experience
Prior project managementexperience
Excellent written & oral communication skills and the ability to present information & data
Strong skills with MS Project or related Project Management software and Microsoft Office
MBA a plus
LeanSix Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt