SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Ensure that the plant staff are in agreement with achieving all program mile stone events (Fixture design, process and layout approval etc...)
- Ensure that the launch meets all timing objectives and targets.
- Work with launch team and plant staff to ensure all ECR's are being completed and submitted to the customer on time.
- Support corporate engineering launch team who manages the integrators to ensure all cost targets and budgets are achieved.
- Work with the dimensional engineering team to ensure all critical characteristics and dimensional requirements are achieved.
- Ensure that all APQP forms and check off sheets are completed on time to achieve gated review objectives.
- Manage all risks and engineering changes to stay within capital and tooling targets.
- Achieve PPAP on time to ensure payment from customer on projected time line.
- Responsible to work with the plant staff to coordinate the install around the production schedule and other plant activities.
- Responsible for managing both the integrator and the Tower launch team.
- Direct and drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer issues.
- Provide active leadership role in meeting / exceeding customer expectations in all related areas.
- Utilize teamwork to develop synergy.
- Provide leadership essential to maintaining safety as a fundamental priority in department based activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary training, tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Develop facility capital requirements. Manage quoting and installing facility capital items. Coordinate facility connections with the integrator.
- Develop and drive the development of departmental strategic goals and identify and track key measurable to support the department goals.
- Track, monitor and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, and issues.
- Assist, as required, plant activities to achieve customer cost reductions goals.
- Develop, drive and support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001,etc.)
- Interface with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
- Oversee manning levels to assure compliance and improvements to the budget.
- Responsible for overall coordination and communication of launch activity and goals.
- Adherence to all company policies & procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Associate Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc).
Reports directly to the Plant Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Production, IT, Quality, Materials, Maintenance, Accounting, HR, the Director of Operations, and corporate functions. External customers, integrators, and suppliers involved with the launch.
- Provides direct leadership to controls engineer, industrial engineer, weld engineer, assembly engineer (s), robotics specialist, tooling engineer
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in Engineering or Engineering cross discipline. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in an automotive/metals/assembly environment, and two (2) years of management experience.
- Possess knowledge of plant department functions and interacts to facilitate overall plant synergy.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team in effective problem solving methods.
- Demonstrated experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard quality practices.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Vision and ability to translate progressive operating techniques into applications and results.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical computations.