We are currently seeking a Plant Engineer for our Air Separation facilities at our Suffield, CT location. This position will report to the Facility Manager. The Plant Engineer will be responsible for ensuring production requirements are met, and the facility is operated in a safe, efficient and compliant manner. This person will be expected to respond to unplanned events, work independently, and make technical decisions and recommendations. This position requires a combination of office work and field work. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is required. Key responsibilities:
- Provide daily support to operators, technicians and drivers
- Assesses the efficiency and operating capacity of the plant to optimize process
- Troubleshooting plant process equipment problems and implementing solutions
- Executes small projects at the facility
- Develop and maintain Site Specific Operating procedures for Air Separation Units
- Maintain QA program, facilitate customer and corporate audits
- Conducts annual QA and process training for operators
- Ensures policy compliance and compliance with internal engineering standards
- Interface with production to plan and schedule routine maintenance activities.
- Helps coordinate major outage and project work with reliability centers, mechanical integrity team, and capital project teams to ensure most efficient and cost effective execution.
- Maintains documentation of equipment and process
- Responsible for process safety information related to plant activities (MOC ,HWP, PSM,RMP).
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and minimum 5-10 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Air Separation Process
- Experience with installation and troubleshooting of industrial equipment.
- Working knowledge Hazardous work permits and Management of Change
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently, effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills, and a strong will to build and maintain productive relationships across departmental lines.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.