The duties at this level include, but are not limited to:
- Safety focused individual who emphasizes and practices leadership safety qualities into all activities.
- Environmental conscience and effort. Provide technical support to plant operations and maintenance activities.
- Perform field inspections, field measurements and equipment walk downs.
- Participate in and/or lead teams that focus on specific problem areas or needs for generating units (ie: Root Cause Analysis and Condition Assessments).
- Perform surveillance activities, bid reviews, and schedules with Vendors/Contractors and other support groups.
- Be proactive in problem recognition, using independent experience and judgment to provide solution options.
- Directs and performs routine unit/equipment performance monitoring, testing and makes recommendations based on the data collected.
- Supervises the work of other Plant Specialists and contractors as required.
- Provides technical input on due diligence efforts and new projects as needed.
- Provides assistance to the training department when gas turbine training programs are developed.
- Develops quality work and inspection plans in the performance of plant systems and equipment.
- Participate and provide leadership in external user groups and implement industry best practices to the fleet.
- Monitor and participate in user group bulletin boards for assigned fleet type.
- Oversee Predictive Maintenance (Pdm) Program in support of unit characteristics and continued operation.
- Serve role as Station outage lead
- Support work management in cooperation with maintenance planner and station policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of engineering experience in a Power Plant. In lieu of Power Plant experience, must have 10 years of experience in a related industrial facility, working with Steam Turbines and High Pressure Steam Boilers.
- Must be proficent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in SAP
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Advanced knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of General Electric steam turbines and turbines
- Experienced in the development & implementation of technical solutions of in-service power generation equipment.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop and review equipment repair specifications to the component level.
- Experience in development and implementation of technical solutions of in-service power generation equipment.
- Ability to perform inspections of power plant systems and equipment and take field measurements.
- Ability to organize and interpret data collected in the plant and to make recommendations based on the findings.
- Advanced knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of various types of industrial equipment.
- Good understanding of work planning and scheduling. SAPexperiencepreferred.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects in his area of specialization.
- Detailed knowledge of power plant systems and equipment in area of specialization.
- Specialized knowledge supporting BOP technical issues.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply applicable industry and corporate codes and standards.
- Ability to use standard business software to produce spreadsheets and reports.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with others.
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to read and follow written corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Excellent communication skills when working with customers.
- Support coordinate, schedule, and maintenance of construction projects and maintenance activities.
- Maintain constant awareness of power needs and develop the means of meeting those needs at the lowest cost.
- Maintain technical awareness of developments within the field of engineering, construction and maintenance. Work with local utility representatives to solve operational problems.
- Both normal office and out of doors work environment.
- This could include working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures, wet, dirty and high humidity areas. Will also include work in confined spaces.
- Requires operation of a motor vehicle and valid Driver’s License. Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect and/or collect data on plant equipment.
- Work extended and non-standard hours as required to support the facility.
- Use of PPE (Personnel Protective Equipment), which may include safety glasses, hard hat, protective footwear, ear plugs, gloves, safety harness, respirator, etc.
- May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Operation of a personal computer.
- May require lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Travel requiring <10% (annually) to NRG Regional plants and other corporate locations.