Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is seeking a Process Engineer to support the Wall Board Gypsum Facility.
This position’s primary responsibility is process improvement. Activities include coordinating initiatives, conducting analysis and providing technical expertise.
If you are someone who demonstrates high initiative and is interested in getting involved with operations, this is a great opportunity for you!
This role offers a wide opportunity for advancement for someone who’s willing to learn and grow with our company. The Wall Board Facility is located in Las Vegas NV.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Working with operators to identify process opportunities
- Working on improvement and new product development projects
- Monitoring cost and recommending cost reduction strategies
- Monitoring base & finish product tests to ensure use of appropriate packages to generate desired quality and productivity
- Working with suppliers to reduce variation and improve product performance
- Supporting Quality with base material qualification and quality assurance
- Managing chemicals (new substance review, chemical reactivity hazard management, etc.)
- Interacting with the Corporate Business and Technical groups
- Coordinating/collaborating with operating and logistics teams across the facility
- Managing vendor relationships
- Analyzing data to troubleshoot problems and propose and implement solutions
- Assisting operations during major outages
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the Gypsum Wallboard industry.