Dimensions of Job:
1. Provide guidance to maintenance department to become a proactive, world class maintenance organization focusing on predictive and preventive maintenance. Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor on a daily basis to identify opportunities for improvement and enhanced reliability.
2. Provide support for plant operations. Work closely with operators and production manager on a daily basis to identify opportunities for improvement (quality, yield, capacity, cost reduction). Serve as primary backup for Fairmount Production Managers and Kennesaw Operations Manager.
3. Lead productivity and capability improvement efforts to ensure that all plant processes and equipment are operating a peak performance.
4. Support product quality efforts at the plant level. Work with the plant QC Manager to document / trend product quality and coordinate resolution of issues.
5. Participate in implementation of capital projects. Work in cross-functional teams to install new facilities or modify / expand existing facilities. Work with Operations and Engineering to optimize new and existing processes (quality, yield, capacity, etc.).
6. Coordinate Plant trials in support of new product development (NPD) activities. .
7. Support plant EH&S objectives by serving a subject matter expert for MMSR 220 A (Site Level Change Management) and ensuring all maintenance activities comply with site EH&S policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee Maintenance on a daily basis to identify and correct maintenance issues. Implement controls to sustain improvements.
2. Assess maintenance skills and develop maintenance staff.
3. Ensure adequate spare parts are maintained at the plant
4. Identify and Implement predictive maintenance tools to improve performance
5. Track maintenance metrics including cost, unscheduled down time, work order aging, etc
6. Work closely with Operations on a daily basis to understand the production planning and scheduling process and to identify and correct process capability issues. Implement controls to sustain process capability improvements. Serve as primary backup for production managers.
7. Assist Operations in quality improvements, cost reduction, and equipment utilization through statistical analysis and Six Sigma techniques.
8. Coordinate / focus maintenance and/or capital.
Job ID #: 1040