Dimensions of Job:
1. Provide guidance to maintenance department to become a proactive, world class maintenance organization focusing on predictive and preventive maintenance. Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor on a daily basis to identify opportunities for improvement and enhanced reliability.
2. Provide support for plant operations. Work closely with operators and production manager on a daily basis to identify opportunities for improvement (quality, yield, capacity, cost reduction). Serve as primary backup for Fairmount Production Managers and Kennesaw Operations Manager.
3. Lead productivity and capability improvement efforts to ensure that all plant processes and equipment are operating a peak performance.
4. Support product quality efforts at the plant level. Work with the plant QC Manager to document / trend product quality and coordinate resolution of issues.
5. Participate in implementation of capital projects. Work in cross-functional teams to install new facilities or modify / expand existing facilities. Work with Operations and Engineering to optimize new and existing processes (quality, yield, capacity, etc.).
6. Coordinate Plant trials in support of new product development (NPD) activities. .
7. Support plant EH&S objectives by serving a subject matter expert for MMSR 220 A (Site Level Change Management) and ensuring all maintenance activities comply with site EH&S policies and procedures and applicable regulatory requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee Maintenance on a daily basis to identify and correct maintenance issues. Implement controls to sustain improvements.
2. Assess maintenance skills and develop maintenance staff.
3. Ensure adequate spare parts are maintained at the plant
4. Identify and Implement predictive maintenance tools to improve performance
5. Track maintenance metrics including cost, unscheduled down time, work order aging, etc
6. Work closely with Operations on a daily basis to understand the production planning and scheduling process and to identify and correct process capability issues. Implement controls to sustain process capability improvements. Serve as primary backup for production managers.
7. Assist Operations in quality improvements, cost reduction, and equipment utilization through statistical analysis and Six Sigma techniques.
8. Coordinate / focus maintenance and/or capital resources to resolve quality deficiencies.
9. Communicate maintenance metrics, cost, and activities within Fairmount.
10. Analyze and document processes and procedures (pertaining to maintenance). Assist in drafting procedures and training plant operators as related to process changes.
11. Provide technical expertise relating to equipment operation and repair.
12. Implement and manage expense and minor capital projects. Prepare project documentation, including: feasibility reports, project estimates, project schedules, scopes of work, EH&S reviews, and capital appropriations requests (CAR). Provide schedule and cost control for projects.
13. Process development activities to include creation / modification of process flow diagrams (PFD’s), piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID’s), equipment specifications, control logic, etc.
14. Project activities may include creation / modification of detailed design documents, including: equipment arrangements, piping arrangements, civil and structural details, electrical elementaries, PLC schematics, loop sheets, etc.
15. Manage on-site construction activities for capital projects, including: selection / supervision of contractors, safety orientations, safety inspections, coordination with operations, resolution of design conflicts, and management of change orders, etc.
16. Work with the FRA Technology department in support of customer technical service and new product development. Duties will include scale-up of processes, analysis of product performance and management of vendor and / or plant trials.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Assess infrastructure and recommend upgrades to meet plant needs
2. Optimize existing processes and implement improved technologies without compromising quality or profitability.
3. Function in a fast paced, changing environment while managing multiple projects.
4. Provide multiple engineering functions for the Fairmount Plant, including: process, project and quality. Position will require approximately 10% travel.
Job ID #: 1040