The Plant Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of capital projects following thorough engineering standards for project execution, design, equipment standards, safety, and cost control. The Plant Engineer is also responsible for managing the plant’s environmental compliance to ensure adherence to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop and execute capital projects. Interface with production, purchasing, and maintenance in developing the initial project plan and project scope during a project’s life cycle. Review and provide initial approval for all plant capital projects.
- Manage the Plant’s environmental compliance with local, state, and federal regulation; close working relationships will be required with production, maintenance and logistics, as well as close coordination with Plant and Corporate counterparts.
- Actively participate in daily plant operations meetings and address issues that arise in meetings
- Provide root cause analysis for all electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical issues that cause downtime of two hours or more to occur. Solutions to identified root causes are to be included and implemented where possible within company constraints and rules.
- Coordinate with the Plant’s maintenance department for managing ongoing capital needs for Plant shutdowns and down days.
- Monitor condition of plant infrastructure and manage repairs to maintain health of plant infrastructure.
- Manage required plant inspections - fire protection systems, boilers & pressure vessels, inspections by industrial risk insurers.
- Continue to develop plant resources – Assist in mentoring and directing of plant coop's to ensure their projects are successful.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate ability to translate technical data into a format/ language suitable for personnel
- Intermediate skills in process hazard analysis and process safety management
- Strong working knowledge of project management processes and systems
- Advanced proficiency in MS Project with project financial tracking systems utilizing public or proprietary software
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing analysis tools
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Working knowledge of standard maintenance processes such as predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, TPM, and should be able to relate actual applications of such to past employment.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PLC, Wonderware, and AutoCAD
- Proficiency in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatics
- Proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Ability to interpret the content and terms of vendor proposals.
- Ability to manage outside contractors to safely and efficiently implement projects.
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in manufacturing environment