Position Function and Scope:
At Del Monte Foods, Inc., we are taking a people-first approach to building a workforce of extraordinary talent and are looking for a trusted addition to our Hanford Plant Management Team.
The Process Engineer will plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerned with the electrical design, control, installation, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in a tomato processing plant. The selected candidate will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of capital projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Trains supervision and hourly staff to enhance the efficiency of new and upgraded processes. Supervises and coordinates activities of electricians and instrument technicians engaged in maintaining and repairing plant equipment and machinery.
- Assist with troubleshooting on higher level electrical and control processes.
- Serves as technical resource to all plant personnel in areas regarding tomato processing, electrical installations, process control, packaging, plant utilities, and plant process flow.
- Supports ongoing production as needed in areas of line supervision, efficiency improvement, troubleshooting, downtime reduction, yield improvement, personnel training, and safety.
- Coordinates capital planning, including development of project designs, PSD’s, CAR’s, and budgetary tracking as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Coordinates engineering, design, drafting, bidding, and contracts, expenditures, and final testing and implementation of assigned capital projects.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for electrical construction and equipment modifications.
- Directs the maintenance of high voltage sub-station, 12KV transformers, medium voltage switch gear, and motor control centers.
- Troubleshoot existing systems to eliminate process problems.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance through established work order and PM systems. Provide project management services to the operating departments.
- Provide ongoing support for Plant Operations, including advances in automation, servo control, robotics, and the application of sensor technology.
- Responsible to ensure safe working environment for all employees.
- Performs other administrative and managerial duties and projects as assigned.
Education: Preferred, BS Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and how to apply automation to achieve optimum cost and quality results.
- A solid understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with field instrumentation, and PLC based control systems
- Advanced understanding of mechanical, electrical, and thermal processes.
- Minimum 5 Years of comparable work experience.
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
10652 Jackson Avenue, Hanford, California 93230