This position has primary responsibility to capture improvement opportunities centered on equipment maintainability, reliability, introduction of new technology, capital enhancements that contributes to team member safety, improved product quality & delivery and bottom line cost impact.
The Plant Engineer enhances service quality and equipment reliability by improving workflows and optimizing maintenance processes using TPM, Lean Six Sigma practices and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methodology. This position, a key link between the corporate engineering organization and the plant providing input to improve equipment design, reliability, and maintainability. Successful execution of this role necessitates working cooperatively with other functional leaders and managers to optimize the entire production process to exceed the needs of the customer, and is relentless about continuous improvement.
The Maintenance Engineer has a critical role in supporting and driving key plant strategic initiatives while helping minimize downtime and failure rates while maximizing productivity.
- Directs, prepares and plans capital and expense project activities, including engineering design, quotations, scheduling, installing, and start-up, to maximize facility productivity and efficiency on time and within budget.
- Drives projects to successful completion, resulting in highly satisfied customers and product solutions which support the business growth objectives.
- Identifies and captures opportunities for improvement in equipment maintainability and reliability.
- Uses Lean Six Sigma and RCM concepts to optimize work processes, adapt maintenance tools and procedures to improve equipment utilization and reliability, and minimize service quality incidents.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Be engaged with industry trends and how to leverage new technology into design standards to drive profitability
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks within the team and a clear schedule for when each task will be performed. Ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Assists with development and coaching of junior maintenance staff.
- Supports Maintenance Manager and TPM team in planning for equipment and maintenance resources and correcting existing discrepancies.
- Participates in technical audits and compliance assessments, and follows up on closure of remedial action plans
- Oversee the installation of all facility equipment.
- Oversee work, set or edit standards, policies and procedures for Vendors and Contractors
- Manage financial aspects of the operation area including annual budget development, capital planning and administration.
- Mandatory On-call availability to respond to all facility emergencies
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
- Bachelor's degreerequired in engineering or applied science.
- 5+ years of Manufacturing based experience (Food & Beverage or Pharmaceutical background preferred) and previous project management experience
- Understanding of industry standards associated with Food & Beverage
- Creative problem solver (as opposed to process follower) in ambiguous situations
- A record of success in implementing lean manufacturing concepts for continuous improvement (TPM/5S)
- Effective interpersonal, communication, planning, problem solving, and organizational skills in a global environment
- Self-motivated approach and experience in dealing with ambiguity while performing critical project steps
- Experience in defining project prioritization and flexible to shift project focus upon business decisions
- Experience with spending most of the time on the manufacturing floor as this is not a manage via the office position.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point, and costing/clean sheet systems
Job ID 2019-8354