- Mechanical Engineering degree with at least 5+ years of experience in a petrochemical plant.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
- HazOp/ HazAn techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Strong computer skills a plus, especially working with relational databases
The Plant Engineer needs to manage Time and Material projects, manage contractors, manage work order schedules, analyze failure codes, decide critical parts, and manage spare parts.
The Plant Engineer is responsible for administration and organization of the Mechanical Engineering aspects of the Houston Area Plant Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Programs in general and specifically to the items that have been identified as Mechanical Integrity or Quality Critical Equipment.
The Plant Engineer is responsible for ensuring compliance with the relevant equipment specifications, applicable codes, and construction standards for equipment installation and operations.
Must be able to
- Implement Maintenance Programs (RBI Inspections, Testing, PM?s, Procedures, etc.) for all Plant equipment to improve Plant Reliability
- Assess equipment failure (including Root Cause Analysis), develop work scopes, and facilitate repairs and improvements.
- Research, develop, implement, and oversee PSM Mechanical Integrity programs that ensure compliance.
- Understand all aspects of fixed and rotating equipment, metallurgy, lubrication requirements, alignment, vibration analysis, etc.
- Coordinate repairs, routine maintenance, and PM activities for Plant shutdowns (including procuring and managing contractors).
- Understand and follow ASME and API guidelines.
- Propose, develop, and lead plant capital projects to improve plant reliability, safety, and environmental compliance.