- Provide a safe working environment by establishing the proper infrastructure (processes, procedures, training, accountabilities, records, etc.) to ensure that personnel and plant safety are managed effectively and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure unit reliability in order to deliver production and ancillary services to customers. Ensure customer interfaces are managed effectively.
- Accountable for plant financial performance. Establish and manage O & M and capital budgets to ensure effective and efficient utilization of available resources to optimize costs. Manage inventory and contracts to minimize overall costs.
- Ensure a trained, qualified and engaged workforce. Provide opportunities for employee development, recognition, communication and involvement. Ensure compliance with all applicable hiring, promotion, training and development practices. Comply with all labor agreements and AA/EEO policies.
- Maximize the value and profitability of plant assets. Ensure that plans and processes are in place to support long-term plant improvement and investment.
- Ensure all personnel understand the requirements of plant environmental permits and applicable regulations. Establish the infrastructure to ensure compliance with all commitments and requirements.
- Represent Xcel Energy's interests in contacts and relationships with suppliers, contractors, industry/professional organizations, and the public while maintaining high ethical standards at all times. As appropriate, provide support for involvement of plant personnel in community programs and activities.
- Ensure linkage of Corporate, Energy Supply and plant objectives through use of the Management System and ES Operations and plant business plans. Establish action plans to ensure key performance indicators (KPI's), initiatives and other goals are achieved.
- 10 years experience in power generation (or related experience providing equivalent knowledge), to include 5 years leadership experience
- Demonstrated leadership capability and proven performance/results
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (6 years of related work experience may substitute for the degree