Our Waynesboro, VA plant is looking for a Plant Director to provide leadership and daily direction to all manufacturing departments while ensuring compliance to all company policies and procedures. This person will be responsible for all manufacturing related activities in the areas of safety, environmental, sustainability, quality, productivity, and cost control. This person will establish and maintain a culture of empowerment and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for establishment, compliance and leadership of plant safety objectives. Ensure compliance to all safety policies and procedures. Establish and maintain a "safety first" culture.
- Plan, organize, and direct the manufacturing, process engineering, and maintenance functions to ensure the most effective return on assets. Interact regularly with Frontline Leaders and production employees to provide direction and leadership. Be a visible presence in manufacturing and distribution areas.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure alignment with Berry Global's strategic initiatives and core values.
- Initiate plans and processes to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Establish management practices to throughout facility to encourage employees' positive involvement, with the opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required (Engineering preferred)
- Six Sigma green or black belt preferred
- 7 years minimum leadership experience in a manufacturing facility. (textile or extrusion preferred) Experience in quality control, engineering and operations of a textile, paper or extrusion manufacturer preferred. Experience in Oracle preferred.
- Multi-lingual Spanish/English preferred