Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures applicable to the financial operations of the plant in the areas of Data Processing, Cost Standards, expense budgets, profit planning, forecasting and capital appropriations.
- Support safety programs for the plant (i.e., capital for ergonomic improvements, etc.)
- Coordinates the activities of the plant in the areas of accounting costs and budgets through the review of the operations and the criteria used for developing cost standards and expense budges to establish and acceptable base for measuring product cost, expense control and plant performance
- Responsible for the setting up and supervision of the reporting system (i.e., receiving, shipping, finished goods inventories, labor distribution and material usage, etc.) so an accurate profit and loss statement can be submitted for each month’s business by the established deadlines. Attached documentation explaining unusual variances.
- Revises performance records, anticipates sales and cost to develop business forecasts and the annual profit plan for planning purposes
- Ensures proper account distribution for item expenses, inventories, fixed assets, etc.
- Facilitates the monthly closing by reviewing accounting data and computer runs for accuracy in order that the closing can be performed on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the taking of quarterly and year-end physical inventory to ensure accurate ending inventories balance
- Prepares appropriation requests and the justification for it for capital expenditures to ensure the funds are being requested in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Responsible for conducting regular financial reviews with plant staff to track performance during the year
- Responsible for ensuring all financial, governmental reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of all balance sheet accounts by ensuring that account reconciliations are completed monthly/quarterly as scheduled
- Coordinates all activities, as directed by the Division Controller, related to year-end audit requirements regarding timing and completion as they pertain to the plant
- Coordinates and resolves accounting department issues and disputes regarding systems, procedures, or cost centers. Delegates accounting function to members of the accounting department and follows up to ensure attainment of assigned goals
- Maintains community and procession associations outside the company, as necessary, to accomplish the accounting function
- From time to time, will review all plan procedures to determine cost savings effectiveness and other effectiveness of meeting plant goals
- Performs related duties as may be assigned by Plant Manager, Division Controller and/or Division Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting or equivalent field and five years of accounting/financial experience with emphasis in cost accounting and budgets
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors.