Overview of Position:
The Plant Controller reports to the Senior Director of FP&A and has dotted line responsibilities to the Head of Mfg. and Corp. Controller. This position will be a member of the Site Leadership Team and will play a critical role in the success of the North Carolina Mfg. plant. The ideal candidate has proven manufacturing finance experience within the biotech and gene therapy industries with a strong understanding of product costing and inventory management. To be successful, the incumbent will be a strong collaborator and communicator, possessing outstanding analytical skills and an attitude that fits our team-oriented culture. The position will be based at our Durham, North Carolina site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with manufacturing and supply chain for build out of NC Mfg. plant to enable commercial operations.
- Establish necessary financial processes within Taysha’s ERP: product costing, fixed cost absorption, raw material consumption, inventory, supply chain and distribution
- Lead annual site and functional budget process including development/analysis of budget targets, developing, communicating, and driving the budget timeline, preparing budget deliverables for Site Management and Leadership Team
- Develop a robust controls and compliance environment for site. Responsible for site internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including income statement and balance sheet reporting, fixed assets, inventory, journal entries, and plant controllership.
- Collaborate effectively across functions to understand key business drivers, and how such drivers affect performance. Develop effective metrics to manage and improve performance
- Meet with business and department leaders routinely to ensure a thorough understanding of their operating results and related variances from budget
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounting, IT and HR to meet business and finance needs
- Seek to continuously improve financial processes and business performance
- Build analytical frameworks and forward-looking models to enable quality decision-making
- Provide leaders with proactive, high quality financial information and analytics to support better business decisions
- Perform ad hoc analysis and duties as required
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline with 9+ years’ experience in manufacturing finance or related field
- Expertise in product costing, cost accounting and inventory within an ERP environment
- Strong collaboration, communication and listening skills
- Proven partner and cross functional collaborator
- Problem solving and results orientated leader
- Proven ability to establish priorities, work independently, and execute objectives without supervision
- Demonstrated success initiating and leading cross-functional projects to successful completion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Preferred Qualifications (Additional Requirements)
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience with product launch in the biotech and/or gene therapy space
- Oracle ERP or SAP experience
- Experience in a high growth environment. Able to quickly traverse between strategic and detail-oriented operational topics. Ability to prioritize, make rapid decisions and adjust to changing needs and timelines
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Taysha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Taysha are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.