Need to have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, 3 or more years experience as a Plant Controller or Plant Accounting Manager
We are currently seeking a Plant Controller to join our team. This role provides financial leadership and plays an integral role in establishing the financial direction, coordinates, consolidates, and analyzes financial plans and projections necessary for the success of the Plant.
The Controller will report to the Plant General Manager with dotted line reporting to the Group Divisional Controller and will manage and drives improvement in the financial systems including salesforecasting, planning, product cost estimating, operations controlling. He/she will play a key role in the finance performance improvement initiative and will be expected to champion the changes required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plays an integral role in establishing the financial direction, coordinates, consolidates, and analyzes financial plans and projections.
- Prepares complex financial analyses for various business opportunities, assesses associated risks, and makes recommendations.
- Assists and advises management in the evaluation of the financial aspects of existing and proposed business ventures (i.e.: cash flow, ROI, capital requirements, pricing, etc.).
- Prepare and complete Monthly Financial Package within 8 days of month end close date.
- Prepare and submit annual budget, quarterly forecasts and weekly flash forecasts.
- Maintain and understand standard costing. Experience with ERP software systems is highly recommended.
- Co-ordinate and plan quarterly physical inventory counts and variance reconciliation.
- Analyzes and interprets actual performance to plan, explains key variances, and makes recommendations for action.
- Provide and analyze financial information for annual external audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure plant reports are accurate and issued within deadlines as required by management or government agencies.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite work flow.
- Evaluates financial / operational results and controls and provides management with information for effective planning and audit of the organization.
- Establish and modify documents and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Performs duties of all employees supervised, as required.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and OHSA.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting and completion of the CMA, or CPA
- 2 to 4years manufacturing accounting experience with some Supervisory experience
- ERP software knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of financial and non-financial measurements systems, lean manufacturing practices and cost management systems strongly preferred
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to respect and maintain the confidential nature of the data processed
- Ability to establish goals and guide strategic and operational planning in the finance organization.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with the ability to clearly communicate a vision, educate individuals and teams, and influence decisions