The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
This position provides accounting support to the production facility including cost accounting, inventory control, accounts payable, payroll, billing, and preparation of plant financial and other control reports. Supervises the maintenance of manufacturing, inventory, and finished goods ledgers and cost accounting activities. Compiles and analyzes operating performance reports. Prepares and analyzes unusual items on financialreports. Sets standards for the conduct of accounting work and required performance and also supervises compliance with such standards. Supervises the preparation and distribution of hourly and salary payrolls, including the maintenance of required earnings, deduction records, and applicable labor performance measure reporting. Supervises the preparation of shipping documents, raw materials, supply, and production inventory accounting.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Participate in plant management meetings as well as core product review meetings; assist plant management in preparation of quarterly review graphs and routine items; assist in preparing materials for meetings; assist plant management in operations improvement activities; provide SAP, ADC, and other related system training and support; proactively identify opportunities that can make a contribution outside traditional sphere of influence; work actively with purchasing and maintenance departments to reduce inventory balances and free up capital.
- Responsible for the protection of company assets (meat, packaging, maintenance supplies, fixed assets, etc.); ensure inventory results and balances are reconciled and valued accurately per corporate policy; ensure compliance with SOX and annual internal auditing; responsible for Internal Order (IO) administration (capital and expense projects); adherence to GAAP; auditpayrolldistribution, and routinely review general ledger accounts to ensure consistency and accuracy (at least monthly).
- Administer the bill of materials (BOM audits and corrections as well as creating and deleting and BOM’s); distribute material and labor variances to plant personnel on a daily basis; report variances to plant and corporate personnel monthly; report monthly to corporate slow moving inventory (MRO and Pkg); spend time on production floor in order to enhance understanding of processes; reporting general ledger entries by 1st preliminary cutoff.
Human Resource Management
- Effectively communicate with staff; manage staff performance; develop staff and cross train; and manage overtime.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 7+ years of professional accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience acting as a lead by providing training, guidance or mentoring to less experienced staff or managing processes and projects.
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Contact Management systems, Inventory software, manufacturing software, and Microsoft Office, specifically advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including use of Pivot Tables and analytical tools.
- Solid understanding of cost accounting concepts.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Solid mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- This position supervisesthe accounting team located at the plant.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and talk or hear.