RRD is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multi-channel marketing and business communication. We offer you a unique opportunity to contribute to the reinvention of a global company that combines the strength of 153 years of history with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. This is the place to be for ambitious professionals to grow quickly and truly make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Plant Controller in Durham, NC. The Controller has dual accountability to both their company president and to RRD Corporate Finance.
The Controller oversees all accounting activities: including accounts payable, billing, job costing, inventory control, credit & collections, payroll, administration of employee compensation and benefits programs, insurance, sales/use taxes, budgeting and financial reporting/analysis.
Some key drivers of a successful profile will include: expertise in capital analysis and modeling; very strong accounting background (CPA), in depth reporting capabilities and strong people leadership skills.
This role supports a large scale facility that is sales driven, so the successful profile will also include the ability to help manage the implementation of new production and accounting systems (Radius and SAP).
- Implements RRD's policies and procedures along with appropriate internal controls to ensure the safeguarding of assets and accuracy of financial information. Reports any fraud or illegal acts to company president or Corporate as appropriate. Champions the effective operation of strong internal controls. This includes compliance with and adherence to controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404.
- Prepares financial statements and monthly reporting package for Corporate Accounting and provides support for variance analysis and auditor questions as necessary. Meets appropriate deadlines for monthly reporting.
- Oversees, directs, and evaluates financial management information (including production and accounting systems) and takes appropriate steps to ensure the security of all accounting records, computer programs & company records.
- Participates in periodic evaluation and revision of budgeted hourly rates and manufacturing standards used for estimating & job costing.
- Manages the process of improving working capital
- Ensures the accounting records underlying the financial statements accurately and fairly reflect the transactions of the company.
- Reconciles all G/L Balance Sheet accounts on a timely basis and provides such information to corporate accounting personnel.
- Prepares models for capital investment.
- Ensures the billing process is completed on a timely, accurate basis in accordance with RRD's revenue recognition policies. Oversees related commission calculations in accordance with company commission plan.
- Oversees monthly physical inventory counts and is responsible for tracking/valuing all materials, work in progress, and finished goods at month end. Performs and documents review of inventory obsolescence in accordance with RRD policy.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing profit center environment or previous Controller/Management experience in a manufacturing profit center environment.
- Proven management-level skills in financial reporting, cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting and inventory valuation, with strong track record of accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems. Knowledge of Essbase, Hyperion, and SAP preferred.
- Proficient in implementation of corporate financial practices, analysis of financial and operating information to facilitate decision making, and recommending actions to improve performance.
- Strong leadership, communication, and team building skills.