Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and othertechnologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Tennant is currently hiring for a Plant Controller at our global headquarters in Minneapolis, MN. The Plant Controller will provide financial support for the site Operations Director and Finance Director, Global Operations by acting as the internal business consultant with a focus on connecting the site performance (both financial and operational) to the overall gross margin performance of Tennant. This includes supporting the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost efforts of the site Operations Teams through timely compilation of metrics such as Material % of COGM, Total Rate/Hour, Inventory Turns, and Parts Shortages, as well as analysis like Short and Long-Term Capacity – people and machines, Open Order analysis, Total Productivity improvement.
- Responsible for all areas of accounting related to site manufacturing, including labor, overhead, capital investment, inventory management and related reserves. This includes the monthly close process, related entries, and reconciliations and the continuous improvement of those tasks and activities.
- Responsible for all reporting and analysis of financial results related to site operations.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial forecasts for site manufacturing.
- Responsible for the preparation of the site manufacturing annual operating plan (AOP) and related processes, which includes collaboration with the site Operations Director and support of the Finance Director – Global Operations in the strategic planning process.
- Responsible for inventoryfinancial management through the cycle count process, scrap management, excess & obsolete inventory analysis and inventory turns improvement for the site manufacturing.
- Responsible for engaging with the Plant Controllers (peers), business partners and financial leaders in both the Global Supply Chain and Global Manufacturing areas of Tennant to drive cost improvement initiatives that improve the total supply chain costs of Tennant (i.e., all areas within cost of sales). The focus is on improvement for overall Tennant and not on any one specific site or metric.
- Leader for all financial process enhancements which includes the implementation of Lean Accounting methodologies, financial continuous improvement activities and participation in site manufacturing kaizen events and a link of those activities to the financial results of the site.
- Provide support to the Global Cost Manager and Global Cost Accounting team for annual and ad hoc standard cost update process (including labor and overhead costs). Support requests for internal and external audit reviews (including SOX documentation & reviews) related to Cost of Sales and Inventory. Responsible for the internal controls related to the site manufacturing activities including cycle count and scrap processes.
- Support the Operations Finance team in continuous improvement of Tennant IT systems and related management reporting for the manufacturing area of cost of sales. This includes engaging in SAP, Business Warehouse/Business Objects and Excel systems and management reporting enhancements.
- Responsible for engaging with the Plant Controllers (peers) around the globe to ensure consistent accounting processes, analysis and reports are in place throughout Global Manufacturing. In addition, collaboration with the other Plant Controllers (peers) to identify best practices is expected.
People Management & Support
- This position is responsible for one direct report.
- Engagement with the Plant Controllers (peers) at other Operations locations.
- Support of the Finance Director, Global Operations.
- Support for the Operations Director at related site.
- Engagement with the IT Business Support Manager to drive SAP/system improvements in area of responsibility.
- Strong working relationship with other Tennant Finance team members.
- 4 yearBachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CMA or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of Finance or Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience with cost accounting, general accounting and financial planning and forecasting systems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience with SAP not required, but a preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience and Accounting for Lean a plus.
- High level of skill in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. High level of skill in Business Warehouse or Business Objects a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, SAP, Strategic Planning, CPA, Finance, Technology, Strategy