With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel is currently seeking a Plant Controller for our Kent, WA, USA location. This position provides financial leadership, supports Operations, and Sales & Marketing management for a plant with annual production of ~$200 Million. The position is responsible for all aspects of the finance function, including development and implementation of effective internal controls, financial planning, forecasting and accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Plant Controller is the primary contact for these functions within the site.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Work with the Plant Manager, Sales and Marketing leadership and Group Controller, responsible for achieving financial targets. Responsible for efficient use of working capital through inventory controls.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and insightful preparation of annual financial plan.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and insightful preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- With Group Controller, responsible for compliance with Hexcel finance policies and successful completion of Sarbanes Oxley, internal and external audit procedures.
- Position is responsible for analysis and communication of financial results in the site, including monthly management reports, quarterly analyses and corporate reporting requirements.
- With Group Controller and direct reports, responsible for timely and accurate estimates of costs and financial returns for all proposals and long term customer agreements.
- Position will supervise financial professionals, i.e. accounting manager and cost analyst.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university required; Accounting or Finance major preferred.
- CPA/CMA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of cost accounting experience (standard costing/variance analyses), financial analysis skills including ROI, lease/buy analyses.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience managing, motivating, and directing professional staff preferred.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office (strong Excel skills) and MRP/ERP systems experience