This position will be integral to the continued growth of the Company’s Cell Therapy Manufacturing Capabilities. The Plant Controller is responsible for the Cost of Goods Sold, Bill of Materials and Inventory costing at our internal manufacturing site and CMOs and will work with the manufacturing, supply chain and clinical development teams to assist in the preparation of capacity forecasts for internal manufacturing and CMOs.
The Plant Controller will provide reporting and analysis to Vice President, Finance Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain and CFO that supports the strategic and operational planning. This position will work closely with the Corporate Controller and the Finance Dept in support of the quarterly external financial reporting and to assure strong linkage of data reported and budgeted results.
- Designs and develops systems, procedures and policies for the cost accounting systems
- Work with VP, Finance on development Bill of Materials, standard costs to be used for raw materials inventories and COGS
- Complete NetSuite implementation for the COGS/Inventory module
- Set up of the Philadelphia subsidiary G/L and accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for month-end close for Philadelphia subsidiary in coordination with Corporate Controller
- Review local payroll reports for subsidiary as part of COGS inputs, including hourly time reporting for oversight
- Responsible for local PA accounting to support the KOZ status and applicable reporting
- Develops Budgets and forecasts for the Manufacturing operations
- Monitors results; actuals versus budgets and forecasts
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all production areas including cost of sales, overhead and labor
- Works with Site Head and VP, Finance to maximize utilization of the manufacturing facility and associated assets
- Works with Site Head and SCM to optimize workforce and scheduling of the new manufacturing facility and CMOs
- Work closely with business partners on the development and attainment of operational and strategic plans
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Support any internal and external financial audits
- Oversee the key controls within domains of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements
Education and Qualifications:
- BA or BS in Accounting or Business Administration; MBA or CPA preferred
- In-depth cost accounting knowledge and experience
- 14+ years of directly related financial analysis experience.
- Strong skills in forecasting and developing pro-formas, working in a team environment to increase the level of financial involvement throughout the organization
- Experience with clinical trials and contract manufacturing forecasting and budgeting a plus.
- Ability to work in a highly complex and fast-moving developing biopharma company.
- Investment management skills a plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP and financial accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate developed strategies and analysis clearly and effectively.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions
- Ability to think creatively, accompanied with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously.
- Self-starter and self-motivator.
- Ability to dig deep into the details but present concise high-level findings to business partners.
- Ability to drive change.
- Sit for an extended time in front of a computer