IMI Precision Engineering is a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers' equipment.
Part of IMI plc, we have a sales and service network in 75 countries, as well as manufacturing capability in the USA, Germany, China, UK, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Mexico and Brazil. We support this with our global centers of technical excellence, and facilities for CFD design and R&D testing.
Our Brookville Ohio location, estabilished for over 50 years and leading manufacturer ofpneumatic actuators, is looking to add a dedicated and experienced Plant Controller to their team. This is a full-time opportunity for an employee oriented organization that offers the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
IMI Precision Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires an experienced financial professional with proven leadership experience, providing sound and reliable counsel to Management. The Plant Controller is responsible for oversight of, and direct involvement in the entire facilities accounting function including ownership of the business' books and records; this includes all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, reconciliation and basic reporting functions associated with general ledger management, external and internal audit liaison. The incumbent will work with the Management staff to maintain adequate internal controls and safeguard company assets.
- Manage the preparation of financial statements consistent with GAAP and Company requirements. Coordinate inputs from HR, Cost Accounting, Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure financial data is complete and accurate.
- Consolidate financials to be forwarded for consolidation to the parent company, being primarily responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the information provided for internal, US and Corporate management.
- Develop and maintain accounting chart of accounts to capture and allocate costs pertaining tomultiple business units/departments across the company.
- Lead month-end closing, enusring proper internal controls - JE's, accruals, and analysis focused on operational costs (Inventory, PPV, COGS, Overhead variances, Scrap Reporting, Obsolete Inventory Reporting, Journal Entries, and Administration of reporting and management overrides),
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets functions. Ensure A/P payments are timely and appropriate. Monitor ACH payments to vendors. Ensure Capital Expenditures are approved, recorded and accounted properly.
- Establish and maintain payroll reconciliation with ADP. Ensure employees are charging correctly tocorrect business unit/cost objective.
- Provide primary interface between company and US Headquarters central accounting groups.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Monitor and analyze monthly quarterly operating results against budget. Ensure conservation ofthe corporate assets by developing, implementing and maintaining accurate, timely and efficient cash management and audit systems.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses. Responsible for leading internal audits and making recommendations for procedural improvements. Will work directly with the external auditors to complete the annual inventory and year-end audits.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis for product investment decisions.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Interface with internal and outside audit firms.
- Perform regular walkthroughs of the plant with the General Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent degree) in Accounting or related field is required -
- 7+ years experience as Controller or Cost Manager Leadership role.
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets, ERP/MRP systems and reporting conventions - JD Edwards preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial practices, GAAP, cost management, supply chain and manufacturing/operations is required.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Solid analytical and creative skills blended with practicality.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Highly skilled at organization and personnel development.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheet software and accounting software.
- Experience with ERP system (JDE preferred)
- CPA or CMA preferred
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, performance management, coaching, supervision, fostering teamwork, training and development of one or more employees.