At Hilmar Cheese Company and Hilmar Ingredients, we improve lives around the world by being a leading producer of wholesome dairy products that contribute to the success of all stakeholders. We are one of the world’s largest and most respected manufacturers of cheese, whey protein, lactose and milk powders. We are successful for two reasons: (1) we know the cheese and ingredients business really well, and (2) we know that we can’t succeed without great people!
A Typical Day
The Plant Controller is responsible for Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Plant Controller will have responsibility and accountability for site financial policy and procedures. Working closely with the Site Director, they will be responsible for meeting financial plans, cost control, and identifying profit opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains the plants’ financial principles, practices, procedures and initiatives as well as internal controls
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Assists the Site Director on a daily basis to implement financial plans, accountable along with Site Director for meeting all budget and financial goals
- Analyzes and interprets cost, forecast, policies and profit opportunity trends and presents findings and recommendations to top management
- Provides active leadership and support during daily production meetings
- Responsible for site Fixed Asset accounting and reporting
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Work well in group problem solving situations
- Must be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Advise accounting management on problems of information processes and propose various solutions as necessary for process improvements
- Assist as necessary with external reporting requirements. Interact with internal and external auditors in completing open engagements
- Annual completion of OSHA required safety training.
- Promote Company Culture
- Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
What You Will Need
- English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 5 years’ experience as a professional accountant at the level of Accountant or any comparable position
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Ability to select information from sources such as financial and operating records and to organize information for reports
- Ability to identify deficiencies in control or noncompliance with accounting policies or procedures
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree
- SAP experience
- Dairy experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- Sit, Stand and / or walk almost the entire workday.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following:
- Exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, or other irritating substances.
- Exposure to solvents or chemicals.
- Exposure to slippery walking surfaces: water.
- Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity depending on time of year.
Food safety is a companywide responsibility and each employee must know their role in the manufacture and distribution of safe, wholesome, and high quality products.
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned
Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO. We participate in E-Verify.