Henkel operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies in three exciting business areas: Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
What we offer
- Perform cost accounting duties with emphasis on determining, analyzing, and controlling costs associated with the manufacturing process.
- Assembles and interprets cost data for the use of management in controlling current and future manufacturing operations.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Item Set-up Process – including ECO process; Cost Changes and Work Center Rates
- Work with operations at assigned facilities to implement corporate process for new item set up including cost set up and evaluation of margins based on sell price at quoted/anticipated volumes. This includes use of Engineering input for Formula and Routings set-up.
- Work with operations to evaluate engineering change orders, raw materials costs, manufacturing methods, and outside process costs to determine impact on standard cost and anticipated margin impact.
- Determines best method, and implements for applying overhead to manufactured products on an annual basis. Variance and Cost Analysis
- Coordinates regular variance analysis including Purchase Price Variance, Transfer Order Variance and Shop Order Variance. Result of variance analysis is explanation of valid variances and PC1 impact, correction in base information to correct variances, or input to support changes to standard cost.
- Monitor production efficiencies against established standards, including analysis of actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic variance analysis report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provide facility support to monitor and analyze utilization of labor and other critical resources.
- Provide interim month analysis of transactions and correct errors prior to month end through production of a mid-month P&L and variance analysis.
- Monitor monthly plant expenses and be able to provide analysis of those costs. InventoryValuation and Reconciliation
- Monitor inventory transaction process and identify appropriate coding to the general ledger.
- Evaluate cycle count process ensuring that inventory balances and open shop orders are accurate and systemic transaction process errors are identified and corrected.
- Assist operations in inventory evaluation, obsolete analysis and obsolete disposition.
- Reconcile inventory accounts monthly.
- Provide monthly analysis of general ledgerinventory balance changes for the plant.
- Assists production and inventory control by developing and implementing proper inventory procedures including training of personnel.
- Coordinates and directs periodic physical inventories of company inventory and products as needed by developing and implementing proper inventory procedures including training of personnel. Forecasting and Budget Process
- Assist in annual budgeting and forecast of plant costs.
- Compares actual monthly plant results to latest forecast for assigned plant(s).
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in standard costing, overseas outsourcing, project leadership of costing initiatives, and providing cost accounting for a large number of parts (50,000).
- Complex costing experience within the electronics components industry preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Excel required.
- Experience with SAP ERP system is a plus.